Instead of turning your world upside down come January 1st, let’s try a more sane approach by identifying unhealthy habits, and establishing healthier ones starting today. Together we can weather the holiday season and give you a leg up on the New Year, which is now just 8 weeks away. I’m going to regularly post ideas here so you can hit the ground running come 2013.
We’ve compiled 5 tips to help you implement healthy habits.
1) Start early this year and make a commitment to yourself Believe that you are making an important change and start today. If it helps, write down your personal fitness and health goals (e.g. I don’t want to gain any weight during the holiday season or I want to look fantastic in my new bathing suit for the winter party in Miami this year).
2) Start simple Set realistic and attainable goals to build your confidence – for example, if you are not currently going to the gym – commit to go 2x a week and gradually increase the frequency of your visits.
3) Remove temptation Start today by reducing the sugary and salty drinks, snacks and meals and replace them with healthier options. If you are smoking or drinking start a plan to curb these.
4) Get a buddy We are social people and together you can keep each other motivated and honest. Together you can set a schedule and ensure you stick to it. If you can’t find a buddy near you – reach out to BosGuy and let him know what you are doing and your progress.
5) Remember why you are doing this A healthier you = A happier you. There are physical benefits like boosting your immune system, sleeping better and obviously looking better, but there are also psychological benefits such as less likely to suffer from depression and less stressed.
By starting today, together we can weather the holiday season and you will be that much further ahead of the game come the New Year. Living healthier means a happier 2013; BosGuy will be joining you on this journey so won’t you join us?
Kris is a Master Trainer at the Boston Sports Club in Boston, MA and Kyle is a Top Tier Trainer at Equinox in Pasadena, CA. The brothers have teamed up together to start a Fitness Consulting Group called Realm Fitness to inspire and educate others to reach there full potential.