In case you missed it, on Tuesday, Governor Charlie Baker announced that due to rising COVID-19 rates, the State of Massachusetts would roll back to Phase 3, Step 1 beginning this Sunday.
What does Phase 3, Step 1 mean?
The rollback will reduce indoor capacities across a broad range of sectors of the economy and tighten several other workplace restrictions. It will require the closure of certain businesses designated as Step 2 industries and capacity limits will be reduced to 40% for places like:
- Arcades/Indoor and Outdoor Recreational Businesses
- Driving and Flight Schools
- Gyms/Health Clubs
- Places of Worship
- Lodging (common areas)
- Golf facilities
- Movie Theaters (Maximum 50 people per theater)
Finally additional safety measures will be applied to restaurant dining which will include:
- a reduction of maximum table size from 10 to 6
- a 90-minute time limit on tables
- diners being encouraged to only sit with members of the same household
- wearing masks at all times except when actually eating and drinking, meaning you cannot take off your masks once seated
You can read the full media release here.