Did you hear? Americans crashed Canada’s Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship website Tuesday night as it became apparent that Donald Trump would become our nation’s next President. In response, The Boston Globe created an entertaining video citing seven reasons you should consider a move to Massachusetts instead.
I’ve done a copy and paste below but you can watch the video here.
1. If Obamacare is repealed, Massachusetts will still have universal health care. It’s been state law since 2006 and is what the Affordable Care Act was modeled on. It’s very popular, and it’s not going anywhere.
2. Ditto for marriage equality. Massachusetts’ highest court legalized same-sex marriage in 2004. So even if a conservative Supreme Court overturned itself on the issue, it would still be legal here.
3. Mass just legalized recreational marijuana on Tuesday.
4. Apparently, Massachusetts and Hawaii are the only states in the country in which every county voted for Hillary Clinton.
5. Aside from Mass. very popular (and moderate) governor, all statewide offices are held by Democrats, who also control both the state House and Senate.
6. If you REALLY need some poutine, Montreal is only a 6-hour drive from Boston.
7. Best of all, there is no convoluted immigration process with high hurdles to clear. Just aim toward New England and stop when every other store is a Dunkin’ Donuts.